Friday, September 11, 2015

I'm going to change my world (CHS) one good conversation at a time.



Sorry for the link, but it's my reflection and I am gonna share things that make me sit back and say...

1.  AHA! That woulda been helpful_(insert number of years ago here)__

2.  Yup.  That's me right there.  I probably should change that.

3.  What a load of __(insert your favorite cuss word here)__!

4.  That's exactly how _(so and so)  teaches/coaches.  

Read the following article.  I bet you have some of the same thoughts I do.  It's from www.edutopia.org and it is about some of the worst things we can say as teachers/leaders/parents.

http://www.edutopia.org/blog/13-common-sayings-to-avoid-richard-curwin 


Now to the great stuff I've seen this week.

CHS Band Rocks!  They've put in the extra time and effort to have a great year.  Mrs. Morgan, Mr. Stegall, and Mrs. Tarkington have these students sounding great.  Their enthusiasm is contagious.  I've had a sneak peek at the playlist for tonight's football game, and it's gonna be awesome!

The Custer County Fair has been a showcase of CHS students!  From FCCLA goods to livestock, the CHS programs, products and animals have stood out.  Make sure and let these teachers and students know how proud you are to have them representing our school.

It's been great to see so many projects going on this week.  Some of the best ones have been student led.  It's awesome to see teachers help facilitate discussion in classes and not just dominate them.  I know I learn best by diving headfirst into something and messing it up.  Our kids are getting those opportunities.  They are also getting the opportunities to teach/lead in many situations.  There is no better way to learn.  Keep it up teachers/leaders!

The best part of my week was seeing a mom's eyes light up when I had the chance to explain how awesome her kid was.  I hope/wish as a staff that we are taking every opportunity to let our parents/guardians know the good things our kids are doing.  That's my challenge to our staff.  What are you sharing that is positive about our kids?!!  What ways are you proud of our town and community.  Don't keep those to yourself.  Make a phone call to a parent/guardian at minimum of once a week and see how your world (CHS) starts to change.  I bet it changes for the better.


PSYCHE VS. SOUL-negative-positive:

No comments:

Post a Comment