Monday, August 17, 2015

It's heeeeeeeeere!

We're back!

 True!
I don't know about you, but this has been an awesome Summer!  It has flown by, but I wouldn't change it for the world.  People always act surprised when I tell them that I am ready to go back to work.  I enjoy my job.  I guess I might be in the minority.  In the words of our fearless leader "It's a great day to be a Red Tornado!"

George Couros did an excellent job on Wednesday.  Follow him on Twitter @gcouros.  He spoke about it and many of you already are aware, Twitter is a great place for personal professional development.  There are many great educational minds that are at our finger tips.  Connect with them to improve your professional growth. I also was introduced to the Periscope app on Wednesday during our EdCamp.  What a great tool to use to show off a class project!  @DonWettrick has a genius hour with his students that is fun to interact with on Pericope.

Mr. Stringer challenged us to take on the mentality of a wolf on Thursday.  Be controversial, serve and shepherd, improve the diversity of the forest (change a river), and most of all connect our students to the bigger picture.  Most of us are probably going to fall on our face sometime this year trying something innovative.  When that happens we will have a chance for modeling a powerful lesson for our students.  It's ok to fail.  It's how we learn to do it better after we fail that is key.

Fridays biggest take away for me was to do this weekly.  REFLECT.  Write or talk about what worked, what didn't, what was exciting, and what needs change.  I expect to see the same from our teaching staff this year.  Talk about great things in class, and also talk about falling on your face.  More importantly talk about what you are learning to model what we want for our students.




1 comment:

  1. Great reflection! Your staff will love this. Have an AWESOME year!

    ReplyDelete